The Goal of the APPG on Nutrition for Development is to support and challenge the UK government to maintain their leadership on global nutrition.
Previously, this APPG focused on the 2020 Tokyo Nutrition for Growth (N4G) summit, which went ahead in December 2021. The UK pledged to adapt important policy markers for nutrition across its FCDO programmes, and also pledged at least £1.5bn over the next 8 years to tackle global malnutrition. The next N4G summit will be hosted by France in 2024, and we look forward to championing UK government involvement in that process.
However, in the meanwhile the world faces several imminent challenges to nutrition. Increasing conflict, a changing climate, and the ongoing knock-on affects of the COVID-19 pandemic are threatening years of progress, showing us there is still much work to be done.
We do this by
- Raising questions about the Government’s global nutrition policy in the House.
- Undertaking site visits to countries where the UK Government supports nutrition programmes.
- Building alliances with Parliamentarians in other countries.
- Hosting events in Parliament to raise the profile of nutrition issues among UK parliamentarians
- Working with civil society and academia to disseminate policy advice and expertise to parliamentary colleagues
- Producing policy documents and briefings
- Engaging with the Department for International Development
RESULTS UK acts as the group’s secretariat. RESULTS UK is a grassroots-based advocacy organisation that works on the issues of education, health, nutrition and economic opportunities.
RESULTS UK is a charity registered as RESULTS Education in England and Wales (1015286), a company limited by guarantee (2761858), and a charity registered in Scotland (SC041481).