The Goal of the APPG on Nutrition for Growth is to support and challenge the UK government to maintain their leadership on global nutrition and to make a significant pledge at the Nutrition for Growth summit in Tokyo 2020.
In 2013, the UK Government hosted the first ever Nutrition for Growth summit, where stakeholders pledged over $24bn to end malnutrition and committed to an ambitious set of policy targets.
In 2020, the commitments made in London will expire and the Japanese Government will host the next summit. We are committed to ensuring that the Tokyo summit is a success and that the UK Government play a leadership role in delivering it.
We do this by
- Raising questions about the Government’s global nutrition policy in the House.
- Undertaking site visits to countries where the UK Government supports nutrition programmes.
- Building alliances with Parliamentarians in other countries.
- Hosting events in Parliament to raise the profile of nutrition issues among UK parliamentarians
- Working with civil society and academia to disseminate policy advice and expertise to parliamentary colleagues
- Producing policy documents and briefings
- Engaging with the Department for International Development
RESULTS UK acts as the group’s secretariat. RESULTS UK is a grassroots-based advocacy organisation that works on the issues of education, health, nutrition and economic opportunities.
RESULTS UK is a charity registered as RESULTS Education in England and Wales (1015286), a company limited by guarantee (2761858), and a charity registered in Scotland (SC041481).